Tuesday 19 May 2015

Pine Cone Mobile

My kids know that I am always admiring natural materials in parks, on the side of the road, in our garden- basically everywhere!! They are used to me stopping the car and jumping out to collect something. This was the case with these beautiful pine cones.
I had just dropped one of my kids at afternoon sport and I noticed loads of pine cones on the ground.
I have used these in the past both inside and outside the classroom, but this time I thought I would let my children paint them to hang in our new classroom.

I put out some bright coloured paint, thick brushes and glitter in shakers.








When they were dry, I tried some string around them and hung them in the classroom.
 I think they look amazing.




I love bringing natural materials inside so everyone can appreciate their beauty from a different point of view. What do you think?
Niccola


3 comments:

  1. We are sooooo doing this! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty idea! We have tons of pine cones in our yard! Thanks for linking up at the Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty!
    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete