Tuesday 27 January 2015

Pebbles and Play


I love the challenge of trying to incorporate natural elements into every area of the classroom.
I particularly love beautiful pebbles and have used them in many different ways. Sometimes I have very specific objectives (as you will see) and other times I encourage the children to explore, discover, imagine and create whatever they like.

Here are a few ideas of ways I have used pebbles in play:


Block Play


Maths - Counting Pebbles



Matching Patterns and Finding Pairs




Light Table - Making Patterns and Pictures



Art and Craft - Painting on Pebbles


Creating Stories with Picture Pebbles


Outdoor Play



Pebbles in Playdough



Classifying Rough and Smooth


Small World Play.....Dinosaurs

.......Farms


......Fairies - add a bit of glitter to you pebbles.


.......Pirates and Mermaids


I hope I have inspired you to incorporate some pebbles into your child's play.
Niccola

4 comments: