Tuesday 13 August 2013

Making Fairy Land with Recycled Materials


Making Fairy Land using recycled materials.
Using white glue I decorated some pebbles I had with glitter. The toadstools are champagne corks painted with red and white paint and the red fairy is made from a peg and some left over tulle. The house can be made out of any plastic container. Cut out the doors and windows in any position you like. I then drew with a permanent marker some vines, a pebble door frame and bushes - you could decorate however you want. I then used the same white glue (PVA) on the inside of the container, behind the drawings and covered with glitter.


I put some scraps of artificial turf, sand and some branches along with some small furniture I had to create a fairy scene.


This was a take-away food container. I also used a milk container.


The play scene created a lot of interest with all the children. On the second day we added outdoor blocks and cars and we had a whole fairy city!


3 comments:

  1. I love this fairy land - so imaginative and inviting for kids (okay, and maybe some adults too! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I was trying to figure out how to do the toadstools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fairy garden is so cute, and great for any season! I'll be featuring it on Mom's Library at Crystal's Tiny Treasures this week. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete