Tuesday 21 May 2013

Happy Birthday, Cupcake!


It was my daughter's birthday party last Friday night and we invited her friends to come over for some "brinner" (breakfast at dinner). But they had to wear their pyjamas!

Everything revolved around breakfast.  
Sweets made from cereals









Juice!
Cereal (of course!)

And a little bit of fruit.

Here's the whole smorgasbord before we added sausages, hash browns and pancakes.  My wonderful niece Ella helped style the table.  She's soooo great.

While I had fun making little signs for all of the food I realised that, with twelve year olds, all that food would last about sixty seconds.  What to do with the other hour and fifty nine minutes?

Ella and Annie kept the girls busy with a pancake toss; Frootloop® necklace creations and a breakfast quiz.  But I needed more....
I knew I had some remnants of  lovely, bright fabric....  

And some letter stencils from another project.
In two sizes, with flowers, hearts and other accesories.  An idea was forming.
I attached some Vliesofix (iron-on fusible webbing) to the squares of fabric.
 Each of the girls used the stencils to cut out their name or other patterns.
They then queued and myself and my sister ironed them onto pillow cases. 
But who was to go first in choosing the colour of their pillow case?  
I wrote numbers onto lots of small balloons and the girls pulled them out of the fish bowl.
We filled some other balloons with helium and attached them with ribbons to small boxes of cereal to take home (along with their finished pillow case).  No photos of them today, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment